What Do We
Want To Become?
How Does It Work?
1. Your project team must include at least three teachers, staff, or administrators. Students are encouraged to join in.
2. Your team will have a choice of six creative projects — developed by a team of leading Vermont practitioners.
Once you select your project, a teaching artist will be assigned to your team.
3. At the Project Design Lab, your school team will work remotely with a professional teaching artist and national leaders in project-based learning, community engagement, and creativity to customize your chosen project to meet the needs of your school and community.
The projects are designed to bring the school and community together in common creative purpose.
4. Your team and teaching artist will implement your project in the fall, with remote and outdoor activities, including a culminating event in your community.
5. Reflect, learn and plan for more project-based learning that is creative, joyful and engaging.
Read the Project Summaries HERE.
All Design Lab sessions will be via ZOOM.
- TEACHER TESTIMONIAL -
“This is a game changer."
What To Expect
The Project Design Lab is an experience in collaborative and creative planning and learning.
Take Action on Racial Justice and
Projects are designed to inspire students, educators, and community members to reflect, listen to each other, and leverage their collective creativity to envision and act on building a better future.
Foundations of Creative Learning
Develop authentic ways to model creative learning tools in your classroom; these creative tools can be used in all subject areas.
Teaching & Assessing Transferable Skills
Strengthen your understanding of the skills inside the creative process and techniques for teaching and assessing your students’ creative capacities.
UbD - Understanding by Design
Use your project’s essential question to shape the enduring understandings you want for your students.
Expand your best practices in project design, backward design, authentic reflection, and scaffolding skills with national leaders in the fields of project- and inquiry-based learning.